Friday, 28 January 2011
Thursday, 27 January 2011
Memory card reader, GET IN MY MOUTH, sorry no, that's you Mr. Fake-NAKD-Banana-Bread-Ball, GET IN MY LAPTOP!
Now... mathematics IS NOT MY STRONG POINT, but i reckon i 'cracked' the recipe (not really hard.. but for me.. well, i just felt incredibly PROUD...)
So I got friendly with my food processor and the end result was these...
Yeah ok, SUE ME, i edited the last picture but not the first two... i'm a terrible blogger.
I also wanted to show you (an also EDITED :O) picture of a typical couple of meals here in the Sarah Household... First up, a gorge beetroot, red pepper, protein sprinkle, tofu PLATE OF LUUURVE..
And then an almost NIGHLTY tofu stir-fry habit (ignore the fact there is daylight in this picture.. it was lunch)
And then, the crowning porridge-y glory (now you canne post a picture of porridge without telling you, dear readers, sorry, NO READERS, what goes in.. so here goes:
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 frozen banana, melty-McMeltison
- A cocoa/water 'sauce' (in a New York accent, of course) "Saaawwce"
Monday, 24 January 2011
If there are ANY USA peeps out there that are reading this, at any stage (even if its 3 years after the ORIGINAL POST) that would want to do a blog blog swap with soem English goodies, gimme a holla, por favor (see i'm mixing it up...). The item in question, specifically that i would be after would be some powdered peanut butter.
Trader Joe's and PB2 come highly recommended i HEAR, with my little ear to the blog-ground....
Yeah, or if anyone has any US relatives? I'm just born and bred English, with a hint of Flemmish thrown in, for good measure.. of course. But i don't really know of any Belgium health food products i'm after, so that's a bit unhelpful x
Friday, 21 January 2011
A bargainous £39.99 from ZARA.
Was a pricey day, but one of the funnest time i've had with da muddah and sistar in quite a while. There is some issues that are getting pretty hard to handle with my twin at the moment (yes, I HAVE A TWIN!) and i guess it was nice to take some time out.
Freya over at Brit Chick Runs is hosting an incredibly generous giveaway of a box of heaven. no literally, it's heaven..... errr, in the form of raw nuts, fruit and flavours AU NATURAL. Mock me all you want, but the Nakd bars ARE pure heaven, they actually taste way better than any chocolate bar (especially my favourite flavour, cocoa orange, terrys chocolate orange? BITE ME!)
Anyway, it's only available to us privileged UK bloggers and readers so get entering.
Have an excellent day!!! xx
(FYI, on the camera lead front, i haver MADE HEADWAY... pictures of hot steamy porridge, beetroot curries (OMG to DIE FOR), new red ZARA dresses and TK Maxx baragianous margains are coming... to a screen near you.)
Monday, 17 January 2011
I just want 'em all! The rusty coloured tea dress was sitting contently in my shopping bag, £15 and perfect for a Monday pick-me-up-purchase (feeling hot on the Ps today, obviously..) and SHOCK HORROR, i went to look at it and it had sold out! Same with the TOPSHOP cable knit jumper. BOOOO. The Miss Selfrdge bag is a bit of a stretch at £45, but really that's only 2 £20 notes and the cost of lunch at M&S. (FYI, this is my most used reasoning strategy, its genius, no?)
Thursday, 13 January 2011
Well, i forgot about it (yeah, must learn how to do that again, normally i can't WAIT for things to set / cook / cool before devouring - which, FYI, normally ends in some kind of burnt mouth, food poisoning, underpar baked good...) and.. well i remembered this morning but it was frozen solid.
So.... i put it in the microwave for a mere 10 seconds, but alas, twas ruined. But still amazing.
Moral of the story.... MUST. NOT. FORGET. HOW. POWERFUL. THE. MICROWAVE. IS.
I'm having a bit of a dilemma at the moment, well not really a dilemma. I went to see a nutritionist the other month about some digestion issues and she has put me on a strict no sugar no artificial sweetener diet. THE ONLY issue i'm having with this, and i mean the only, is that i have to limit my protein powder, and be picky about which one i use. My usual Maxitone one (which i LOVE LOVE LOVE, in chocolate and banana) is too heavy on the sucralose, so i'm now using one with less from Holland and Barrett, a soya protein, not whey.
What a pointless spiel. Anyway, on the bright side, i have acquired (rather sneakily, i might add) my mum's camera so we may actually be able to get some GORGE pictures! woohoo! Just need the connector lead. Mission numero dos. Wish me luck, i'm goooooin' in.....
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
- I have bright red hair. I mean, like really, really bright. It's actually made me more bashful than i was when i had my brown normal hair. Scary stuff. This red.
- I do believe my favourite places are TK MAXX AND WHOLE FOODS. AND TOPSHOP. Oh God topshop.
- I go through phases when it comes to breakfast, but always come back to porridge.
- I am hoping to study Fashion Marketing at uni in London this september. I am so incredibly excited by fashion, but hope to fuse my interest in clothes and fashion with the knowledge that i have on nutrition and wellbeing in my career.
- I am so happy that i enjoy exercise.
- I have a twin. NO WE'RE not identical and SO SO SO SO different. We tend to be identical.. just at different times. It's like i'm 6 months ahead of her sometimes.
- I was HANDS DOWN OBSESSED with Noel Fielding at one point. As in, i would plan, (and go on) trips to Camden in london just on the chance that i would run into him. And we would fall in love. Yeah, we had a thing. Ya know, he just wasn't ready to commit... so, i obviosuly had to leave him behind..... obviously.
Right so i am goign to give this award to follwoing bloggers, some of whom have inspired me int he past when i have felt absolutely lost, ABSOLUTELY LOST and broken. Some of these women have provided me with some STAPLE recipes in my diet, and some are just HILARIOUS, here goes.... (like Gill, some of these aren's 'new' as such, but they're just the blogs that i clock in on regulraly and look forward to new posts, some arent ALL healthfood / exercise relatd though...)
- Lynn (a genuine and honest actress, and a talented one to boot)
- Eating like a horse (Honestly, her posts make me LOL)
- Freya (lovely fellow brit with a relatable (is that a word?!) take on life!)
- MuesliLover (great inspiration)
- Angela (hands down gorgeous and inspirational, LOVE HER)
- Alex (given me SO MANY IDEAS FOR RECIPES, cannot thank her enough, and shes gorgeous!)
- Gluten Free Gidget (same as above, and again, she is so pretty!)
- Ashley (fashion blog)
- Emily (Cupcakes and Cashmere - excellent for foodie fashionistas)
Tuesday, 11 January 2011
ASOS Espadrilles £10.00 (TOMs preferred.... uk 6)
ASOS Bardot crop top £8.00
You can comment on the post at win yourself a nice lookin Wheat anf Gluten free cookbook
(but don't because i want it!) JOKES. not.
The pancake looks delicious, and just the thing to break me out of my porridge / protein smoothie rut. Owwwww, but its such a tasty rut....
Today's eats involved:
Brekky- Smoothie with 2 scoops protein powder, 1 tsp flax seed, soy milk, raspberries, banana and xanthan gum
Post workout (spinning, conditioning, 2 hours) - quinoa ricecake, 4 brazil nuts
Lunch - tofu (1/3 a block) stir fry, 1 container 0% TOTAL greek yoghurt, 1 tsp sunflower seed butter
Snack- chocolate protein pudding THANG, aka 20.8g protein! wowza.
I'm lovin that. And OMG, that TOTAL 0% GREEK YOGHURT SHIZZ!? Where have you been all my life? I'd heard the yanks confessing their love for a brand called FAGE and was in Sainsbury's and realised the TOTAL stuff was FAGE so bought a couple of containers.... So. Goddam. Creamy. Normal yoghurt can get lost.
Thursday, 6 January 2011
First off, we had ran oat of normal porridge WHOLE oats, so i was in a bit of a tizz, no normal oats? WHAT NOW? I saw a pack of those stone ground 'scottish' oats and thought why not? Well this ridculous pointless story could go on for YEARS, so i'll just say what WENT DOWN.
2 egg whites
1/4 cup stone ground oats
about 3/4 cup skimmed milk
a lot of cinnamon
1/3 a frozen banana **"MELTED" IN THE MICROWAVE TO CARAMALIZE)
a small pour of vanilla powder
a few pieces of chopped dates (aka nature's treacle-y toffee sweets... duh!)
the piece de resistance was a heaped tablespoon of COOKED brown rice (instant rice pudding)
Some water to thin at the end of cooking
And about 1/4 of a pear on da side. Like the best sidekick ever.
Honestly, this was so good, and the two things that DEFO made it were the 2 WHOLE EGG WHITES (woah!) and the brown rice. god, who knew. YUM. Excuse me, i'm about to bury myself in a breakfast routine rut. Goodbye.
Wednesday, 5 January 2011
2. To cut out every single last grain, drop and hidden piece of artificial sweetener in my diet
3. To avoid sugar and instead enjoy more nutritional food that will benefit my mind and body
4. To get stronger and fitter in general
5. To bulk up my meals a bit more so i don't need to snack so often
6. Quit my current job completely and get one with WAY more hours
7. Get into my 1st choice uni (Central Saint Martins :))) I can dream...)
8. To save for and take a life changing trip before i go to uni in september (I was thinking a climb of some kind?)
9. Now i just feel like i'm rambling.
10. Oh god i remember why i don't keep new years resolutions...
11. Because i get bored before i even finish the list.
Eh well, here's to trying.
At the end of the day, all i can ask for is to make the best decisions for my health, hapiness and future everyday and be content with what i have in my life. Happy New Year!
Ridiculous. Anyway. My christmas was rather good! I was worried about it for a couple of reasons, last christmas was ruined a little because i just ended up eating and eating and eating, and it pretty much turned into a big binge and i know its TOTALLY normal to eat inconcievable levels on christmas, but last christmas it made it slightly unhappy. Not happy. :(
I was also a bit concerned as i'd gone to see a nutritionist in London for some digestion issues earlier in the month and she told me to avoid artificial sweetener, sugar and white, processed foods "even through christmas". I think i did ok up until christmas - new year, then i think that kinds went out the window. But you knwo what i'm alright, i'm ok, because i had A GOOD TIME BECAUSE of it, i didn't binge to the point of guilt and misery, i just drank, ate and was merry. And to be honest thats all of could have asked for.
Now? Well, NOW? I'm back on the wagon, and i actually couldn't wait, this christmas peroid has been SO DRAWN OUT, for me anyway. The classes at the gym were all crazy and went 4 times last week which was good and helped me get back in the grooove, but my regular ones only just got back to normal last night. Armed with my POLAR FT60 i'm IIINVINCIBLE!
I'm trying to figure out my body and what works well for me at the moment, breakfast before or after exercise? Protein or carby breakfast? Big breakfast, light dinner? And the most important, which is my favourite sunflower seed, almond, hazulnut or peanut butter?! Lots of taste testing needs to be done on this one... just to decide... ya know? YEAH? Ok then, thats agreed.